Thursday, January 7, 2010

Orange Chicken

This was really tasty and I'm usually not one to enjoy sweet meals, guess those tastebuds are changing.
Boneless chicken thighs were chopped, and dredged in eggs (seasoned with cayenne pepper and a bit of salt) and then flour mixed with cornstarch (for extra crunch)

Didn't take any pictures of the sauce cooking but all I did was put it all together, bring to a boil and reduce.
What's in the sauce...
- 2 cups orange juice
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup ) of butter
- & red pepper flakes




Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Foody Friday and $5 Dollar Dinners Blessed with Grace

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious! Thanks so much for linking up. I'll do it every Friday, so link again soon.

Kathryn said...

I like how you have displayed it with the green beans around the edges - looks very appetizing.

Janine said...

Thanks Brandi and Kathryn. Brandi - I will keep linking:)

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love orange beef and see no reason why the luscious flavors wouldn't transfer to chicken. This is a really nice recipe. I've bookmarked it and will try it next week. Thanks for sharing this with us. Blessings...Mary

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Looks scrumptious! My older son is a chef, and he cooked blackened chicken and orange this week. I will tell him about your recipe!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Looks really good! Thanks for sharing your recipe and linking to TMTT.