Friday, January 22, 2010

Two Turkey Soups - Traditional & Chili

Here's two more meals made from my one turkey that gave me five meals. A traditional turkey soup and turkey chili.

For the traditional soup I boiled the carcass bones and meat left on them, I also added onions, celery, garlic, & carrots. The seasoning was from the turkey(poultry seasoning, salt & pepper, & rosemary). When the meat fell off the bones I removed the bones and added the cooked pasta & done.

The turkey chili was made using the legs and wings (which were a bit stringy, but after the fact my mom gave the tip of putting them into to the food processor to break up and mock ground turkey, guess I'll try that next time) I used the same process and added onions, garlic, chili powder & cumin to taste.
Topped it off with shredded cheddar & baked tortilla strips (sliced tortillas with a pizza cutter, sprayed with cooking spray salted and baked at 350 till crisp).
I dig any type of chili so this was great.

2 comments:

FindSavings said...

Nice! Brings more ideas than just the traditional left over turkey sandwiches. This definitely spices things up.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I stumbled into your blog by a happy accident. I was lured by some of your earlier posts and stayed far longer than I planned. I'll be back as often as I can. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary