Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lentil Soup with Ham

This is a really simple crock-pot meal using my ham from Angel Food Ministries.

Into the crockpot went...
- chopped ham
- 1 pound lentils
- water (according to lentil bag)
- chopped onion
- chopped potato
- 2 bay leaves
- salt (to taste)
(you could also throw whatever other veggies you have on hand or add more spices if you like)

Cook it high for a few hours or on low for longer, stir and serve.

Posted on Tasty Tuesday
and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
and Tuesdays at the Table

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love bean soups like this. I use ham hocks since they're cheap and full of flavor. I'd love for you to participate in my Frugal Friday blog hop. I'll post the MckLinky Friday morning. It's a great way to drive more traffic to your blog while sharing what you love!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Sounds like a great soup!! Thanks for linking to TMTT.