Hey all! Proud to say I'm now at 21 weeks, cooking again, working out and feeling good!
Last week we found out that baby #4 is a boy. He's following two boys and a girl and big sis was really hoping and praying for a girl but she is begrudgingly coping.
Anywho - thought I'd start off with something easy, tasty and cheap:)
Here's my Chicken Chili Mac...
This crockpot meal was so simple, I started it before taking my kids to the swim club, and all I had to do was add the macaroni when we came home and then eat! My kids gobbled it up after a long day of swimming (and then my youngest conked out about 15 minutes later).
What's in it?
- two chopped green peppers
- one onion
- one tomato (I would have added more but it was all I had today, diced tomatoes would have been really good too)
- two cans of chili beans
- three chicken breasts
- chili powder, cumin, cilantro and salt to taste
- water (enough to cover the ingredients)
- 1 pound macaroni
- shredded cheese (your choice) for a topping
Everything but the macaroni went into the crockpot early in the day.
When I got home I removed and shredded the chicken, added the macaroni and let it cook till tender, then I put the chicken back and it was ready to serve.
I'm thinking I'll use the leftovers for some Baked Chicken Chili Mac and Cheese. Mmmmmm