- premade grits (plus Smart Balance and milk)
- 2 TBLSP butter
- real bacon bits (the kind you buy for salad, a whole lot less cleanup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic (I estimate from the jar:)
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 pound large frozen shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
These grits could be either cooked in the microwave or stove top, I opted for microwave, as I have three kids, a job and all our busy schedules in tow.
Melted butter and then sauteed the onion and garlic till tender, added tomatoes and brought to a boil, threw in the hot sauce and shrimp and done!