My kids have TaeKwonDo twice a week so one of the days becomes my crock pot meal and the other my casserole night, they're not fancy meals and I try to be somewhat healthy but the truth is, they're better then frozen meals (unless you spend the money for the really healthy ones that are like twice the price).
Another one adapted from my 5-ingredient slow cooking booklet from Better Homes and Gardens (another grab by the cash register, but this one really paid off:)
What's in it....
- 2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup (I used fat free, but would rather have used low sodium)
- 3-4 cups frozen diced hash browns
- 3 cups water
- 1 15-19 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- fennel seeds (you were supposed to crush but I was in a rush, that rhymes:)
- 8 oz. Swiss cheese slice torn
Stick the first five ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
Before serving add the cheese and mix it in.
I served it with a slice of toast with Smart Balance. Two of my kids cleaned their bowls. Mr. picky (my middle child) just ate his toast and picked out the beans:)
Sorry this is out of focus. It was a rushed dinner night.