Friday, August 22, 2008

Mmmm Bacon

I'm sure you've heard that bacon makes everything better, well, I agree!

Last night's dinner was a quick, easy and cheap one thanks to my shopping at ALDIs and Target:)

I used Archer Farms' (Which is Target's brand name food) "Carbonara Bucati" boxed mix. Instead of the two strips of bacon I added a whole package for extra taste and protein, but didn't fell guilty because it was turkey bacon (from ALDIs) and my kids were none the wiser.

I also used skim milk and Smart balance butter (which is not so cheap but is healthy so I'll splurge on it) for the sauce and it was plenty creamy.

Wish the pasta was whole grain, but you can't win them all. When I'm not having a lazy night, I'll make my own with whole grain, which would really be easy too but I already had the box:)

No comments: