Thursday, August 28, 2008

Flowers? For Dinner?

This past Saturday a couple of friends, my mother and I took a trip to the Farmer's Market (followed by a trip tot the thrift store:).

Several of the venders were selling squash flowers. My mother and I bought some and decided to cook them up for our family dinner. We asked one of the women selling them how to cook them and she said you could batter them and deep fry them or saute them with butter.

We decided to go with the batter for the first time, especially since I wanted the kids to try. They were delicious and the kids actually like them, well most of them did at least.

Can't wait to experiment more with them.

Anyone else tried them?

How did you cook them and what did you think?

2 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

You know - if you do a cream cheese filling with bacon and onion - and stuff them, then deep fry...all I'm saying is that they'll be gone in a flash!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Janine said...

Wow. I'm sure they would disappear quick!