Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Easy Chicken and Rice with an Easy Leftover Meal

This meal was so easy and healthy, and the good part is I saved half for Chicken Fried rice with Bok Choy. I adapted the recipes from Everyday Food magazine and love that I have an easy meal for this weekend, half cooked already, cause I know I won't feel like making any big meals:)

Ingredients:
- I used 2 bags of Trader Joe's boneless Chicken Thighs with no hormones etc.
- 3 cups brown rice (cooked in 7 1/2 cups water)
- 2 cups white wine (one for each pan)
- dried thyme
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 bag/box of frozen peas
- pepper (no salt, trying to lower sodium intake)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (but I just used the bottle and squirted however much I wanted:)
- flax seeds (I keep waiting for my kids to remark about the seeds in everything but they just keep eating it)

Simply brown the chicken while you're cooking the rice.

Take away half the rice and some chicken for the Fried Rice Meal.

After the chicken has browned, add the wine and thyme, allow chicken to cook through and then throw in the tomatoes peas and flax seeds and cook about five more minutes. Season with some lemon juice to your taste and you're done.

Serve the chicken and veggies over rice and all I can say is yum. Hubby and two out of three kids said yum as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.