Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Really Easy Chicken Pot Pie from the freezer and into the Crockpot!

Just chopped some chicken and stuck it in the crock pot.
I had a recipe for this, but somehow the ingredients didn't seem to make it to my list, so I did some ad-libbing from the freezer.
Just took a variety of frozen veggies (I think I had broccoli, asparagus, peas and corn) and added them in.
Then - I didn't have chicken gravy but I did have mushroom gravy so I added some canned mushrooms (I know I'm evil for not using fresh, but on crock pot days, which are busy days, anything goes).

Doesn't it look pretty all mixed together:)


The recipe called for boxed mashed potatoes but I did decide to go fresh with this, just chopped some red potatoes, boiled them, added some nonfat yogurt (instead of sour cream), seasoned, mashed, and there you go.



Added the potatoes to the top when the crock pot was done and stuck it under the broiler.

This one was a big hit with my kids and hubby.

2 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

That is a great idea! Excellent crock pot meal.

Veronica said...

Looks good-kind of a cross between a pot pie and a shepherd's pie.