This Carbonara or Spaghetti with bacon, eggs and cheese was so easy on a quick fix night I wasn't going to post it but then I thought, who can't use a quick and easy go to. Plus it was a big hit with everyone.
I adapted it from Rachels Ray's 30 minute meals cookbook.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- couple 1/4 teaspoons crushed garlic (from the
- bacon (you could substitute turkey or veggie)
- Protein Plus Spaghetti
- two beaten eggs (add dash of milk)
- shredded parm (to your liking)
- 1 cup reserved pasta cooking water
I put the bacon on a broiler pan and baked at 400 degrees until crisp and then broke it up. Meanwhile I boiled the pasta and sauteed garlic in the Olive Oil. I added the pasta to the garlic and olive oil. Then I added the egg and pasta water, and stirred very quickly. Finally I added the bacon and cheese and you're done. So simple, not to mention quite affordable.